Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mary Lee Douglass, my Grandmama

My Grandmama Douglass died today in Summerville, SC. She was a really wonderfully lady and I have a lot of good memories of her from my early childhood on up to the last time I visited her in the rest home this summer. My dad, of course, has even more memories, and he has written some of them on his blog here:

http://johdou.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-mothers-story.html

I will be going down to South Carolina on Friday to meet up with the rest of my family for the funeral.

PS- My Grandpa Enge passed away earlier this summer, too, in Sauk City, Wisconsin. He was also a really wonderful person and I'm going to see about finding something about his life to post for those interested.

4 comments:

DaNewsBlog said...

Sorry for your loss...

clyde & peggy send our condolences

quidquid katie said...

I'm so sorry :(

Emileezmusic said...

I'm sure that your grandmother was a wonderful person and I'm glad that you will be able to be there with the rest of your family soon to support one another. Losing a member of the family is always so hard. Hugs your way!

Catapulting Aaron said...

My condolences, James.