Monday, February 8, 2010

Death Metal Foot Fetish Video

On Sunday I tried mounting my GoPro camera on the end of my kiteboard. I was riding in 10-20 mph North winds in the lee of the South jetty in Fort Pierce, Florida. The kite is a 12 m Cabrinha Crossbow and the board is a 180 cm litewave twintip. I think the video looks pretty cool, if you can ignore the fact that my feet are in your face the whole time. The music is a heavy metal song by a band called Ministry. If you don't like that sort of thing, mute the volume and put on some Jonas Brothers, or Celine Dion, or whatever it is sissies like you listen to.

Kiteboard Mounted Camera from James Douglass on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Johnny Douglass said...

I think I'll listen to the Blue Danube while I'm watching it. Actually this is a really great perspective, especially in the later minutes where it looks like you tilted the camera upward slightly. I hope we don't eventually get to watch footage of a shark attacking you. How did you finally solve the lens fogging problem?

rod.r said...

You know you're totally blowing the sterotype of what most people think a marine biologist should be like :-)....cool.

BTW, I'm finally back in the ranks of Kona owners after a year sailing other schticks.