Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Accepted!

Woo hoo! A paper from the research I did in graduate school has been accepted for publication in the journal Limnology* and Oceanography. The title is "Seasonal and interannual change in a Chesapeake Bay eelgrass community: insights into biotic and abiotic control of community structure." My co-authors are Kristin France, J Paul Richardson, and my former advisor J Emmett Duffy. The paper describes findings from the Duffy lab's ten years of monitoring animal and plant life in a Chesapeake Bay seagrass bed. I'm not sure what issue of L&O the article will appear in, because there is often a lag of a few months to a year between acceptance and publication.

*Limnology is the study of inland waters, like rivers, lakes, and estuaries.

This is a picture from an old post in which I describe some of the research.

1 comment:

PeconicPuffin said...

Congratulations James!

Perhaps for your next submitted paper you can augment it with some GoPro footage?